The course has been designed for the students who have appeared in mains and are awaiting result for the same. The paucity of time after the mains result necessitates preparation before the result. The volume and the nature of preparation required for interview is unique and should be dealt with utmost care and sincerity. Recognizing the sensitivity of the matter, Abhimanu’s IAS has deployed best of its resources for the same.
A brief introduction of the course has been given below, which will enable the candidates to get a full view of the course.
The approach developed is slightly hard work oriented and intensive understanding of carefully selected issues. The results of this will be visible in a month and the full process will require at least 3 months. Approach will include
- Preparation of various areas of preparation for a week and holding of mock interviews on the areas prepared.
- In camera mock once in a month (Two before declaration of the result.) apart from informal regular mocks.
- Preparing for the interview with a group approach. (Not simply through lectures only).One person will act as coordinator of the group activities for one week. Details should revealed at the start of the course.
- Presentation on a predecided issue before around 40 students fully prepared with uneasy questions.
- readings from books written by civil servants
- Workshop on personality development designed specifically for you.
- Regular Group discussions on various topics of current/social importance.
- Interface with the civil servants.
- Crucial interaction with the candidates who have scored high in the interview.
Interview for civil services is not only preparing answers to few questions and memorizing them, it is about developing right attitude, behavior and approach of a good civil servant. The programme will include.
- Clear understanding of the various issues through objective enquiry.
- Developing your owns original views (with a touch of experts?) As per your thinking and understanding.
- Ability to defend ( in a logically acceptable way ? ) your views.
- Inculcating the diplomatic abilities.
- Giving frank answers ( in a polished way ? ) e.g. How to say “no” if you donot know the answer.
- Ability to speak formally in a natural manner.
- Control over the actions and maintaining a desirable body language e.g. eye contact, hand movement etc.
- Feeling comfortable in a formal dress.
The course will systematically cover certain areas of preparation which have been delineated on the basis of experience,. At the same time it must be remembered that, there may be questions outside these areas. The list has been prepared to enable the candidate to draw confidence about their levels of preparation.
- Biodata based questions
- Home state/district/city
- Educational background
- Optional subjects
- Hobby/areas of interest
- Managing stress situations
- Indian economy
- Indian polity
- Foreign policy and international relations
- Science and technology
- Current affairs-national/international
- Social and legal issues
- Abstract questions (situation based and other teasers).
Duration :- 29th Dec, 2016 – 29th March, 2017.
Fee* (Full course) : Rs 20, 000/- (Twenty thousand only)
A candidate can avail only one concession at a time. Self attestation is considered sufficient for availing concession
- 100% fee concession for already selected candidates.
- 75% fee concession for candidate who have given interview at least once
- 50% fee concession to candidates who have already done Interview course with the institute.
- 25% fee concession to candidates who have already done general studies (pre cum mains) course with the institute.
- 10% fee concession to candidates from SC and ST category.
- Photocopy of DAF filled at the times of mains examination and institute’s admission cum biodata form submitted positively by 7th January, 2017.
- Self attested undertaking with respect any concession
- Duely filled Abhimanu's personal biodata Form.
- Any clarification about this course should only be addressed to email@example.com or Mr. Subhash Singh: 98148-24466, 9501114409
- A list of the specific questions based on individual biodata will be provided.
- All dues must be clear by 7th January 2017
- Detailed schedule of classes will be available after the start of the course