1/3/2017 433 Social Issues | Gender issues | View Recent Current Affairs
- The Union Government has signed a Financing Agreement with World Bank for International Development Association (IDA ) credit of $63 million for the Tejaswini Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Project.
About Tejaswini Socio- Economic Empowerment project:
- The development objective of Tejaswini, for Socioeconomic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Project in India is to improve completion of market-driven skills training and secondary education for adolescent girls and young women in select districts of Jharkhand.
- This project consists of three components. The first component, Expanding Social, Educational, and Economic Opportunities, aims to support adolescent girls and young women of fifteen districts in Jharkhand to achieve greater social, educational, and economic empowerment. It has two sub components as follows: (i) Community-level Socioeconomic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women; and (ii) Institution-level Interventions for Completion of Vocational Skills Training and Education.
- The second component, Intensive Service Delivery, will pilot and evaluate more intensive community-level service delivery models in two districts focused on increasing adolescent girls and young women’s access to educational interventions, training, and employment opportunities. It has two subcomponents as follows: (i) Enhanced Last Mile Service Delivery; and (ii) Enhanced Outreach to Hard-to-reach Populations.
- The third component, State Capacity Building and Implementation Support, aims to support strengthening of institutional capacity and outreach of the Department of Women and Child Development and Social Security (DWCDSS) and the Jharkhand Women Development Society (JWDS) to enable effective and efficient delivery of services for AGYW in the state. It has two sub components as follows: (i) Strengthening Systems and Convergence; and (ii) Project Implementation Support.