6/10/2015 363 Social Issues | Education | View Recent Current Affairs
- National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was launched by Human Resource Development ministry for educational institutions.
- Developed by a team of experts in education and heads of institutions the framework is presently available for engineering and management institutions.
- National Institutional Ranking Framework follows an Indian approach which considers India-centric parameters like diversity and inclusiveness apart from excellence in teaching learning and research.
- The ranking framework is designed such that institutions belonging to different sectoral fields such as Engineering, Management etc. will be compared separately in their own respective peer groups. The parameters are under the five broad headings (1) teaching learning and resources; (2) research, consulting and collaborative performance; (3) graduation outcomes; (4) outreach and inclusivity and (5) perception.
- The NIRF will facilitate a level playing field in ranking for institutions which have been working in languages other than English and excelled relatively in the recent past.